At Planwell Financial we advise our clients based on what is in their best interest. This is part of both our licensing as Certified Financial Planners and Chartered Investment Managers. We treat each client with the fairness they deserve. We go above and beyond to provide value for the fees that are charged and find our biggest reward in helping you achieve your goals.
We offer two main fee programs:
- Fee Based program – a dealer-based fee is applied to your accounts. The fees are discounted the larger the assets under management become at tiered levels. The investments held within the account exclude any dealer compensation.
- Embedded Fee Based program – the dealer fee is embedded into the management expense ratio of the underlying investments. A review of the fee levels will be done at the time the accounts are being established and annually thereafter. Our goal is for our fees to be fair and for all our clients to feel the fees they pay are well earned for providing the 12-part financial planning services in addition to earning superior net returns on the investment portion of the plan.
Fee Based accounts:
- Minimum Billing Group Value: $100,000
- Minimum Monthly Fee: $125 (plus taxes)
- Minimum Annual Fee: $1,500 (plus taxes)
- Dealer fee schedule:
- 1.00% on the first $250,000
- 0.95% on $250,000 to $500,000
- 0.90% on $500,000 to $1,000,000
- 0.80% on $1,000,000 to $2,000,000
- 0.70% on $2,000,000 to $4,000,000
- 0.50% on balances above $4,000,000
Regular (Embedded) Fee accounts:
- Fees are embedded within the MER (Management Expense Ratio) of the managed products.
- In general, the embedded dealer fees are 1% on predominantly equity funds and can be .50% on predominantly fixed income funds.
- Larger accounts benefit from lower MERs in two ways:
- Fund company discounts: Generally, most mutual fund companies offer discounting of the MER they charge as the funds under management with them for the client exceed certain thresholds. As an example, discounting often occurs at thresholds of $250,000, $1 million, $2.5 million, $5 million and $10 million
- On some funds within our Planwell Net Return Portfolios we are also able to offer discounting once the client assets if the fund reach certain thresholds. Similar to the fee-based accounts we offer the following discounts when possible (subject to the fund allowing a negotiable service fee option):
- 0.05% service fee reduction on individual fund accounts from $250,000 to $500,000
- an additional 0.05% service fee reduction on individual fund accounts from $500,000 to $1,000,000
- an additional 0.10% service fee reduction on individual fund accounts from $1,000,000 to $2,000,000
- an additional 0.10% service fee reduction on individual fund accounts from $2,000,000 to $4,000,000
- an additional 0.20% service fee reduction on individual fund accounts above $4,000,000
Note: Fees are subject to change. Additional dealer administration fees may apply.
Email Us To Learn More